[02 August 2009]
A Brain Too Far
Genre – A zombie comedy horror sports promo movie starring Jack Black
The Immortal Crows
Genre – Pretentious horror guff
Mary Poppins II: The Revenge
Genre – Horror
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Spice World was a film about which British pop group of the nineties?
THE SPICE GIRLS
2. What nationality is director Peter Jackson?
3. In The Matrix Neo is presented with two pills, red and blue. Which does he accept?
4. What was the name of Charlie Chaplin’s most famous role?
THE LITTLE TRAMP
5. How many actors have played James Bond to date?
6. Mimi Rogers, Liz Hurley, Heather Graham and Beyonce Knowles have all featured as sidekicks to which character?
7. Which actor was nicknamed The Duke?
8. What is the name of Dorothy’s dog in The Wizard Of Oz?
9. Andie MacDowell and Gerard Derpardieu pose as a married couple to obtain a green card in which 90s comedy?
10. Julia Roberts & Richard Gere reunited in 1999 for Runaway Bride. Which film first brought them together?
11. According to Back To The Future how fast do you need to drive to travel through time?
12. All Quiet On The Western Front is set during which war?
THE GREAT WAR / WORLD WAR I
ROUND II: Filming
1. Which weapon does murderer Catherine Tramell favour in Basic Instinct?
2. What is Sam Spade’s profession?
PRIVATE DETECTIVE / PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR
3. Who played Frankenstein’s monster in Kenneth Branagh’s 1994 adaptation?
ROBERT DE NIRO
4. Name the football team that Colin Firth’s character is obsessed with in Fever Pitch.
5. Groucho, Chico, Zeppo, Harpo. Which of the Marx brothers only appears in a few of their films?
6. Which brand of chewing gum does Murphy offer the Chief in One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest?
7. According to Blues Brothers 2000, there is only one genre of music that the blues brothers will not ever play. What is it?
8. Completed after three years with a running time of over four hours, which 1963 epic was considered a financial disaster?
9. In the Korean film Oldboy, Dae-Su Oh is fed the same meal for his entire fifteen year imprisonment. What is it?
10. Who plays Jack in the 1995 comedy, Jack & Sarah?
RICHARD E GRANT
11. To date only three films have been awarded the top five Oscars (Actor, Actress, Director, Picture and Screenplay); It Happened One Night and One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest are two, what is the third?
THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
12. What is Champ Kind’s catchphrase in Anchorman?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which Dirty Harry film featured the quote, “Go ahead, make my day”?
2. According to the film version, which Watchmen character is the only member of both the Minutemen in the forties and the Watchmen in the sixties?
EDWARD MORGAN BLAKE / THE COMEDIAN
3. Shirley Temple was renowned for her curly hair. How many curls did she have?
4. Despite never seeing him fully in focus, which actor cameo’d as Elvis in True Romance?
5. What is the fourth rule of Fight Club? [bonus – Fight Club consists of how many rules?]
ONLY TWO GUYS TO A FIGHT 
6. How many figures does Jof see dancing with death in the final scene of The Seventh Seal?
7. Which movie’s soundtrack contained the word ‘moon’ in every song?
AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON
8. According to The Karate Kid’s Sense John Kreese, what does not exist in the dojo?
FEAR / PAIN / DEFEAT
9. What year was Technicolor first introduced?
10. Anthony Hopkins starred opposite John Hurt in The Elephant Man. What was the elephant man’s actual name?
JOHN MERRICK (Joseph also acceptable)
11. In Gangs Of New York, Scorsese pits the Natives against the Irish. To identify themselves in battle, the Native’s top hats are adorned in what colour sashes?
12. After directing Donnie Darko, Richard Kelly adapted which book into his next release, Southland Tales?
BIBLE / REVELATIONS
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. In Akira, which member of Kaneda’s biker gang develops psionic powers? Yamagata, Tetsuo or Kaori?
2. Which city do Rhett and Scarlett spend their honeymoon in Gone With The Wind? Charleston in South Carolina, Atlanta in Georgia, or New Orleans in Louisiana?
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
3. Bruce Lee died before completing which film? Game Of Death, Enter The Dragon or Way Of The Dragon
GAME OF DEATH
4. Which Baldwin brother stars in Backdraft? Daniel, William, Stephen or Alec?
BILLY / WILLIAM BALDWIN
5. In the Die Hard series, John McClane is a police officer for which American city? New York City, Los Angeles or Chicago?
NEW YORK CITY
6. What is the Dude’s preferred beverage in the Coen Brother’s film The Big Lebowski? Sasparilla Soda, White Russian or Milk?
7. What is the first dinosaur enclosure on the Jurassic Park tour? The tyrannosaurs rex paddock, the dilophosaurus pen or the velociraptor pit?
8. In Space Jam, Michael Jordan retires from basketball to play which sport? American football, Hockey or Baseball?
9. How many films did Robert Redford & Paul Newman co-star in? 1 2 3
10. Which film studio once famously boasted “we have more stars than there are in heaven?” Warner Bros, Paramount or MGM?
MGM / METRO GOLDWYN MAYER
11. What type of fish is Marlin and his son, Nemo in Finding Nemo? Ocellaris Clownfish, Regal Tang or Moorish Idol
12. The one-eyed anti-hero in Escape From New York and Escape From LA was Snake Plissken. His eye-patch covers which eye? Left or Right?